“Write more letters!”
“But to who?”
There are plenty of people out there who would love to find a handwritten letter in their mailbox. Today I’ll be sharing a list of 24 people you can write letters to, be it someone you’ve known all your life or someone you’ve never met.
- An elementary school teacher. (My kindergarten teacher was my first pen pal and I still write her letters sometimes. :))
- Someone in the military. (See this site for info on how to get started!)
- Your grandparents.
- Someone across the ocean.
- Your next door neighbor.
- Someone in a nursing home.
- A teacher who’s made an impact on your life. (You’ll already have a lot to say in your letter if you write to this person!)
- A friend you haven’t seen in over a year.
- Your cousin who lives across the country.
- Pick a person who likes the color blue and write them an “out of the blue” letter!
- A friend who moved away.
- A missionary.
- Your future self.
- Someone you know with colored hair.
- Find a pen pal through pen pal sites or by browsing the hashtag #penpalswanted on instagram.
- Essential workers.
- A celebrity. (A suggestion: write Orlando Bloom and ask what his favorite cereal is! My friend and I did this. No response yet, but maybe eventually. ;))
- Your parents.
- A person from every country in the world.
- A mentor.
- A police officer, first responder, firefighter, etc.
- Small businesses that you love! (Local, or online!)
- The tallest and/or shortest person you know.
And there you have it! Go write some letters! Send some snail mail! Make someone’s day!
Pin this on Pinterest for future reference!
Bonus ideas: someone who like pink, yellow, or blue (mentioned above). Someone who loves houseplants or ice cream. A younger friend who wants to be an astronaut. Someone who’s traveling right now. A friend who could use some encouraging Bible verses. Someone who loves Christmas no matter what month it is. The person who always stops to smell the wildflowers. An avid bookworm. A crazy cat lady. The other crazy cat lady. Someone who’s already shopping for cozy sweaters and dreaming of pumpkin spice.